The National Space Club - Huntsville is a regional committee of the National Space Club in Washington, D. C. It shall be located in Huntsville, Alabama and shall be incorporated under the laws of the State of Alabama. The NSC seeks to promote advancement in aerospace through the following Objectives and Activities.
- Promote United States space leadership through conferences, workshops, and other literary and educational means.
- Stimulate the advancement of civilian and military applications of rocketry, astronautics, and related technologies for the benefit of all mankind.
- Bring together persons from government industry, education, the media, and other fields to exchange information on rocketry and astronautics.
- Luncheons and receptions with recognized leaders speaking on timely subjects and issues.
- The Annual Dr. Wernher von Braun Memorial Dinner honoring individuals through the Dr. Wernher von Braun Space Flight Trophy, Astronautics Engineer Award, Media Award, Community Service Award and the Dr. Wernher von Braun Scholarships.
- Conference of national and international significance to the Space Program.
- Scholarships to stimulate youth interest in astronautics and related sciences.
- Special functions and workshops, and Annual NSC membership meeting.